DOVISTA A/S is 100% owned by VKR Holding A/S and forms part of the VKR Group – one of Denmark’s largest and most highly respected manufacturing groups. DOVISTA A/S is in charge of running and developing the business area Vertical windows.
The company known today as VKR Holding A/S was founded in 1941 by Villum Kann Rasmussen. Today, it is a company dedicated to creating value through financial investment and ownership of companies that improve indoor climate by bringing daylight and fresh air into people’s everyday lives.
Today, VKR Holding owns companies within the separate business areas – Roof Windows & Skylights, Vertical Windows, Solar Thermal Energy. Combined, the companies in VKR Holding employ about 14,900 people in more than 40 countries.
VKR Holding is a family- and foundation-owned company, and its primary shareholder is the VILLUM FOUNDATION.
The return on the foundation’s investments, together with the returns from the affiliated VELUX FOUNDATION, is primarily spent on support for non-profit causes within the areas of science and research, arts and culture, and social initiatives – such as:
- support for research into daylight and its impact on human beings
- support for increasing the awareness of environmental and climate changes as some of the greatest challenges facing the world today
- support for environmental research and increasing public interest in environmental issues
- support for environmental projects with a particular focus on ecological balance
- presenting the Villum Kann Rasmussen Annual Award for Technical and Scientific Research
- presenting the VILLUM and VELUX FOUNDATIONS’ Daylight and Building Components Award
- support for programmes for academics
- support for major social and cultural projects
Read more about VKR Holding A/S here
Read more about the VILLUM FOUNDATION, the VELUX FOUNDATION and other VKR foundations here